Saturday, January 1, 2011

My top 5 photos from 2010

Today I spent a happy hour (or two) looking back over my 2010 photos. I used the archive function in Flickr (the photo sharing site I like) to show me each photo I posted throughout the year.

In 2010 I posted 1200 photos, and displayed a number of them on this blog throughout the year.  The following are what I think of as my top 5 "unseen" shots. Each one of them holds great memories for me -- friends I was out with, things I learned, places I discovered. I only hope 2011 will hold as many adventures.

Sunset at Harling Point, Victoria BC
Harling Point Sunset
Feb 14, 2010
Valentine's Day
Mike and I celebrate our anniversary on Feb 14 (we'll never forget THAT date). We usually go for an
afternoon picnic, share some champagne, toast the past year, and look forward to the next. 2010 marked 
23 years for us. This was the sunset that ended our celebratory afternoon.

On top of the world
Thunderbird Cliffs, Sooke Hills Wilderness
April 10, 2010
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
This quote by Annie Dillard is so true -- In 2011 I resolve to spend a lot of my time outdoors 
with my friends!

Saxifraga ferruginea
Alaska saxifrage
Saxifraga ferruginea
May 22, 2010
Taken on Mt. Quimper, Sooke Hills.
This flower is so delicate and intricate. Many folks walk right by this small plant,
but take a close look and you'll see lots of amazing detail.


Barn Swallow fledglings
Barn Swallow fledglings
Aug 20, 2010
Fort Rodd Hill
Glenn and Lynn were visiting from Ottawa and we decided to go out and see something with a bit of coast, a bit of history, and a bit of nature:
Fort Rodd Hill National Historic Site has it all!

Brandywine Falls, Whistler BC
Brandywine Falls, Whistler, BC
Oct 9, 2010
Brandywine is on the Cheakamus River -- well worth a visit if you are in the area.

I have put together a slide show of the images I liked best from 2010. You can see them at http://www.flickr.com/photos/msanseve/



Happy 2011 everyone!

“Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left”
Aldo Leopold

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely breathtaking!

bigadore said...

What an ace you are.